For sale on 25 year lease: £49,995 (incl.VAT)
‘Bedford’s View’ – location
21 new super huts overlooking a Blue Flag, award winning beach. The super huts are based on a high quality traditional construction adaptable to suit individual requirements.
A Seafront Ranger Team manages the area and during the summer months RNLI Lifeguards and first aid facilities are also provided for visitors. Other facilities include communal fresh water taps, Bistro and Beach restaurant plus car parking on the cliff top. The area also benefits from Public Toilets, a Beach Office and CCTV coverage 24 hours a day.
Interior: 3.4m x 2.3m (7.82m²)
Window: ‘Porthole’ style, stainless steel frame, with circular laminated glass.
Exterior: External timber security shutters and internal timber framed doors with laminated glass.
Finish: Sadolin ‘Superdec’ wood painted in Hudson Bay on the main body with doors in Eminence.
Repair and maintenance
This will be a full repair lease agreement, where you are responsible for repairing and maintaining the super hut to an agreed specification.
The tenant will be responsible for insuring the individual huts.
Prospective purchaser’s attention is drawn in particular to the following requirements and restrictions:
- The overnight use of the hut will not be permitted between the hours of midnight and 6 a.m
- The hut will be within the demise of the lease and therefore still in ownership of the Council during the 25 year term
- The hut is not to be connected to any mains service.
- No trading of any kind will be permitted from the hut.
- Sub letting of the hut will be permitted for a maximum of 6 months in any one year, subject to the occupier complying with the terms and conditions of the lease.
- The lease can be sold on, subject to a transfer fee of 15% plus VAT of the selling price. However this will not be permitted within the first two years of the lease. The Council will have the first opportunity to purchase back if being sold or transferred.
- Transfer of the lease will only be permitted in exceptional circumstances to immediate family members only.
- Leaseholders will not have exclusive rights to the surrounding hut area.
- Vacant possession given in completion.
A standard draft lease agreement is available in request.
- A one off premium payment of £49,995 (incl.VAT) in respect of the 25 year lease agreement.
- An annual service charge of £1,200 (incl. VAT) is applied to cover beach management, repair and maintenance to the promenade and cleansing of the surrounding super hut area. Due on the 1st April each year and subject to RPI. The charge will be pro-rated in year one if necessary.
- Tenants will be responsible for all other costs associated with the huts including business rates if applicable.
- A deposit of 10% is required.
The lease will exclude the security of tenure provisions of the Landlord and Tenant act 1954.