23 January 2017
Resort rediscovers its roots as the ultimate spa destination
Much acclaimed in the Victorian era for its pine-scented air and medicinally beneficial sea water, Bournemouth’s reputation as one of the UK’s original spa resorts is no secret. Perhaps not so well known is the abundance of clifftop and beachfront hotels that offer wellness breaks and treatment packages in the 21st century. Now, as part of a campaign to uncover its hidden gems, Bournemouth is promoting its spa experiences as ideal for a romantic weekend break, girlie getaway or sneaky pamper day away from home.
Travelling to the coast for its clean air and health benefits has long been a tradition in the UK and, indeed, is how Bournemouth flourished in the 1800s. Today, the seaside destination offers a multitude of venues for much needed R&R, cementing the comprehensiveness of the town’s offer in the modern era.
Many of the big hotels have been running spa packages for a number of years but the recent addition of the five-star quality Eforea spa at the new Hilton Bournemouth has helped to render it one of the country’s wellness top spots. It’s now possible to find almost every major treatment and brand in Bournemouth as well as opportunities to team a day of indulgence with an evening meal, afternoon tea or glass of bubbly.
Treatments include: Elemis, ESPA, Dermalogica and BABOR treatments; Jessica and Shellac manicures and pedicures; Vita Liberata and St Tropez luxury tanning; hot stone, Swedish and Indian head massage; as well as men’s treatments; and specialist massages and facials for mums-to-be.
Chris Evetts, Health Club and Spa Manager at the Hallmark West Cliff Hotel & Spa said: “Bournemouth is the ideal destination – you can take time away from your busy day or schedule with a nice relaxing spa day using the fantastic facilities we have on offer, and you’re just a 10-minute walk from the seven miles of golden sand at Bournemouth beach or 15 minutes from the shops.”
One in five people now take a dedicated wellness break at least once a year* and it’s not only the breadth of choice available at Bournemouth’s spas that’s so appealing – the resort’s sprawling beaches and micro climate make it the perfect setting for a wholesome retreat. With miles of golden sand and waves gently lapping on the shore, there’s no better backdrop for a spa staycation in 2017.
For more information, go to bournemouth.co.uk/spa
Please contact Bournemouth Tourism PR office for more information
email@example.com or call 01202 451750
Notes to Editors:
- B Please credit / tag spa images with file names (i.e. spa / hotel name) as supplied
- Hidden Bournemouth (#hiddenbournemouth) is a rolling campaign by Bournemouth Tourism to highlight some of the little known gems of the popular South Coast seaside destination – the campaign started in November 2016 with Hidden Bournemouth: Vegan Bournemouth co.uk/vegan
- Bournemouth’s spa offering:
- Featured spas
- Guests at eforea spa enjoy services that focus on balance and wellness, and embark on transformative journeys of the senses to help them emerge brighter
- Journey layout: arrivals lounge, changing lounge, transition lounge, thermal lounge, therapy rooms & retail area
- Signature spa journeys: the Essentials Journey, the Escape Journey & the Men’s Journey
- Journey enhancements: head & face; shoulder, neck & scalp; and feet
o Featured package: Winter Bliss package, prices start at £70 per person – includes targeted exfoliation, signature massage and full body moisturisation, as well as afternoon tea**
- World renowned ELEMIS and Jessica products
- 5 beauty treatment rooms; 2 pools; Jacuzzi; fitness suite; sauna; steam room; aromatherapy cave; relaxation lounge
- Accessible treatment room
o Featured package: Relaxing Spa Day for just £45 per person to includes 25 minute treatment, full use of spa facilities and cream tea – or upgrade to 2 course champagne lunch for £10 per person**
- Unique, Asian inspired luxury wellness centre
- BABOR face design collection
- ZOYA or CND Vinylux and Shellac
- Facials (incl. Cleanse & Moisturise and Luxury Anti-Ageing); massages (incl. hot stone, classic Swedish and full body); alternative therapies (incl. pregnancy treatments, reflexology and Indian head massage); St Tropez self tan and sugar waxing; specially design treatments for male skin and body (incl. rebalancing back treatment)
- Packages: the Oceana Twilight Spa, the Oceana Afternoon Tea Spa, Hot Stone Massage and Gents’ Experiences
o Featured package: Two 25 minute treatments for £50 or two 55 minute treatments for £99**
- Treatments: Dermalogica skin & body treatments, traditional body massage, gentlemen’s treatments, mum-to-be facials & massages, waxing, manicures & pedicures, and tinting
- Spa days include full use of spa facilities, tea and coffee on arrival, hire of robes and slippers, glass of champagne, 2 course lunch or afternoon tea in the Connaught Brasserie
- Packages: Luxury Gourmet Spa Day with Dinner, Twilight Spa Evening and Champagne Afternoon Tea
o Featured package: Luxury Gourmet Spa Day with Dinner, £160 for 2 people – full use of spa facilities, 3 course dinner in our award-winning 2 rosette restaurant Blakes and choice of 25-minute treatment**
- Other Bournemouth spa venues
*NCTA (National Coastal Tourism Academy, Wellness Tourism
**Terms and conditions apply