General terms and conditions
By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and be bound by them.
- The closing date is stated on each individual prize draw or competition.
- Only one entry per prize draw/competition, per reader.
- All prizes are subject to availability, and Bournemouth Tourism reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative product or colour of equal or higher value if necessary at the promoters’ discretion.
- No purchase necessary.
- Prize draws and competitions are only open to UK residents aged 18 years or over. Proof of identity and age may be required. The use of a false name or address with result in disqualification.
- The promotions are not open to employees of Bournemouth Tourism and Bournemouth Borough Council – including their families, their agents or related third parties who are directly connected with the administration of these online promotions.
- No responsibility will be taken by Bournemouth Tourism for any answers that are illegible, misdirected, lost for technical or other reasons or received after the closing date.
- Winner(s) will be selected at random after the closing date by an independent judge from all entries received. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winner(s) will be notified by email or telephone (using the details provided at entry) within 6 weeks of the closing date. Following such notification, the winner will be required to send the Promoter full details of their postal address to which the Prize will be delivered (if applicable).
- If the Promoter cannot: (i) contact the winner (via the details provided at the date of entry) within a reasonable period of time (to be established at the Promoter’s sole discretion); or (ii) the winner does not return details of its postal address to the Promoter within 14 days of notification that they have won the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw a winner of the Promotion and thereafter until a winner on these terms is found.
- Please allow 28 days for delivery of the Prize. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for the Prize being lost, damaged or delayed in the post.
- None of the prizes may be exchanged or transferred and no cash alternative will be offered.
- Where prizes are to be provided by a third party then the winner(s) will be required to complete all appropriate or applicable booking or other formalities direct with such provider. Bournemouth Tourism will have no responsibility for the acts or defaults of any other persons.
- By entering any of Bournemouth online prize draws and competitions you agree to having your name, details and photo published online and agree to the use of personal data by Bournemouth Tourism for marketing purposes.
- Unless otherwise stated, the promoter is Bournemouth Tourism, Town Hall Annexe, St Stephen’s Road, Bournemouth BH2 6EA. A list of winners will be available six weeks after the closing date by sending a SAE to Bournemouth Tourism Prize Draws and Competitions at the above address.
Prizes involving travel/accommodation:
- Holidays include accommodation as described.
- Where prizes consist of accommodation, this is subject to availability and cannot be taken during high season and public holidays including Easter holidays (exclusion dates will be specified)
- Travel connections, additional charges, room service etc. are the responsibility of prize winners.
- Holidays are redeemable only by the named winner and must not be sold onto any other party. For each holiday package prize, all travellers must travel at the same time on the same itinerary. Unless otherwise stated, all travel and holiday prizes must be taken within six months of the date of the competition draw.