Introducing the UK’s first purposed designed fully disabled accessible beach huts – available for hire at Bournemouth’s multi-award winning Boscombe seafront.
The huts incorporate high quality design, visual flair and unique function. The inside of each hut is a highly adaptable and flexible space capable of accommodating up to four wheelchair users at once. Each hut comes equipped with four directors chairs, a table, split level work surface, gas stove, lockable cupboards and shared fresh drinking water tap. A connecting partition wall can be removed, opening out a pair of huts into one unit for large group hire.
The huts were designed in consultation with disabled beach users and Bournemouth Borough Council by designer Peter Francis-Lewis and a:b:i:r architects.
Seagull and Windbreak form part of a hub of improved accessible facilities at Boscombe. Other features include:
- Fully accessible public toilet, featuring internal shower unit.
- Electric mobility scooter charging point
- Improved accessible parking bays
- ‘Changing Places’ facility incorporating change bed, toilet, sink, shower and ceiling mounted tracking hoist (access key from nearby Boscombe Beach Office)
- Beach access wheelchairs (from Boscombe Beach Office)
The huts are available to hire by disability groups and individuals by the day or week. Call 01202 451781 to check prices and availability.